You can relax at your next visit to the dentist by having dental work done asleep.
St. Lawrence Dentistry is licensed by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario to provide dentistry asleep (general anesthesia). Since 2006 Dr. Hawryluk Jr. has worked in conjunction with Board Certified Medical Anesthesiologists to provide comfortable and safe care asleep. Our facility is routinely subjected to rigorous inspection by the Royal College to maintain this permit.
If you are considering sedation dentistry at St. Lawrence Dentistry our doctors and staff will give you personalized instructions. Below are some general points to consider when preparing for your sedation.
- It is important that patients do not eat solid food (including candy or gum) in the 8 hours preceding the sedation. No drink should be taken (not even milk, Juices, or coffee. This is because food in the stomach can result in vomiting during anesthesia. You (or your child) may drink up to 1 cup water or clear apple juice up to 3 hours before the appointment. No other liquids are permitted.
- If you take medications they should be taken as usual with a small sip of water unless otherwise directed by your anesthetist.
- Dress yourself (or your child) with loose fitting clothes so that monitoring equipment can be applied easily. Please bring a change of clothes (for children a diaper if necessary).
- Patients are not to wear contact lenses, makeup, of nail polish. Valuables should be left at home.
- Please advise the doctors of any recent changes to your (or your child’s) health such as fever, vomiting, diarrhea, cold, or flu in the days before your appointment.
- Please confirm the person who will be driving you (your child) home the day of the sedation. The patient cannot go home alone.
- Following these mandatory steps before your sedation will ensure calm comfortable environment for your dental visit asleep.
If you a have any questions for Dr. Hawryluk or our Board Certified Medical Anesthesiologist team about your planned dental work asleep please contact usclick here.