A person who values himself or herself would very much like to look pleasing and beautiful. While a person’s true beauty is not really gauged by the outside appearance, a person’s self-esteem and self-confidence is in many ways dependent on how he or she looks. This is why many have been more open in accepting the benefits that go with cosmetic surgery procedures to enhance the physical attributes of a person. In the same way, cosmetic dentistry helps enhance, restore or boost one’s self-image and confidence.
People opt for cosmetic dentistry for many different reasons. It could be to repair a tooth defect such as a malformed bite or crooked teeth, to treat an injury or mouth maladies, or simply to improve the overall appearance and look of the teeth. Whatever the reason is, cosmetic dentistry has become an important part of dental procedures with the demand seeing an upward trend. This could be part of the reasons why a cosmetic dentist in Mississauga Ontario would undergo further training and go an extra mile to further their education to master and perfect cosmetic dentistry skills and take advantage of the growing market.
St Lawrence cosmetic dentistry in Mississauga offer includes all dental procedures or treatments performed by a dentist to improve the appearance of a patient’s teeth or mouth. Some of the procedures include:
- Fillings. Traditional filling materials of gold, silver or porcelain are used to fill tooth cavities. Composite resin materials provide a more natural and tooth-like appearance. This composite resin material, however, is more difficult to work with than the silver amalgam and is associated with post-treatment sensitivity and thus not advised for use in large or complex fillings in molars.
- Teeth Whitening. This involves bleaching of the stained teeth for a cleaner and brighter smile. There are many causes of tooth discoloration or staining – aging, consumption of staining substances or food like tea, coffee, cola, tobacco, trauma, antibiotic staining, excessive fluoride, nerve degeneration and old restorations.
- Bonding. This procedure involves hiding the chipped or cracked tooth with a material that resembles the enamel of teeth.
- Dental Veneers. This technique also repairs the chipped and cracked teeth along with providing solution for teeth whitening and filling gaps between the teeth. Dental veneers are used if there are spaces between teeth, unattractive or stained fillings, permanently stained or discolored teeth and uneven or crooked teeth. With proper oral hygiene, dental veneers can last for many years.
- Crown. This is a prosthetic placed over an existing tooth. It is aimed at creating a smoother and cleaner look for a fractured tooth, or a tooth with outdated filling or severely damaged by decay. It will enhance strength and durability of the remaining tooth structure and can improve the appearance of the teeth.
- Dental Implants. As part of Prosthetic dentistry, dental implant is the artificial tooth-root replacement technique that compensates tooth loss.
- Bridges. They are natural-looking dental appliances designed to replace a section of missing teeth. Bridges are custom-made so they are barely noticeable and can restore the natural contour of teeth. Bridges also restore the proper bite relationship between upper and lower teeth.