The cornerstone of Dr. Hawryluk Jr’s dental practice is the Global Dental Microscope.
It is well established that microscopy is the key to predictable dental treatment. Accordingly, we have two variable focus microscopes at our Mississauga dental office.
Variable magnification levels combined with brilliant optics make the dental microscope a crucial tool to view hard-to-see imperfections. Dr. Hawryluk uses the Dental Microscope for almost all procedures and can see otherwise not discernable structures. Unlike conventional “dental loupe magnifiers”, a dental microscope has an extensive magnification range up to 21 times with a wide field of view.
Global microscopes are the leader’s dental microscope technology. The illumination and magnification of the Global lens have made it an essential tool in all aspects of care at our Mississauga dental office.
In addition, the dental microscope offers the following benefits:
- Better Diagnostics. The magnification with the microscope supports the highest caliber of oral exams. Without this magnification, the dentist can miss incipient tooth deterioration. By catching these problems quickly and early, treatment outcomes are always more successful.
- Better visualization. The magnification and bright coaxial illumination of the working field allow Dr. Hawryluk to see intricate details.
- Improved treatment quality. Microscopic techniques are generally superior to traditional treatment concepts. In addition, magnified views provide exponentially more information, which leads to better treatment outcomes.
- Ideal treatment ergonomics. Dr. Hawryluk Jr. would like to be your long-term Mississauga Dentist. A dental microscope allows appropriate working posture and ergonomics, which is vital in maintaining his health, personal well-being, and, ultimately, his longevity in the profession.
- Patient comfort. Patients often do not have to open as wide, and treatment time is usually less due to the improved visualization. If you don’t have to open as wide, it can mean less stress on your jaw joint (TMJ). In addition, there may be less postoperative discomfort because treatment is often more precise compared to the older “legacy” non-magnified techniques.
One main focus of microscope use at St. Lawrence Dentistry is for performing root canal treatment. Dr. Hawryluk performs root canal procedures or endodontic treatment when the internal nerves and blood vessels are damaged. Dr. Hawryluk uses this high-powered visual aid when performing root canal procedure to reach through the tiny canal entry points and branches which the naked eye cannot see. Without the microscope, the hollow areas and canals may be undetected.
Dr. Hawryluk, Jr. feels the dental microscope significantly improves the quality of treatment. After all, if you cannot see it, you cannot fix it!
Even with so many benefits to utilizing a microscope, only some dentists are using them. There is no added cost to the patient to use this fabulous technology. It may save you money and treatment time in the long run, as it enables higher-quality dentistry. After all, if you cannot see it, you cannot fix it!