St Lawrence Dentistry uses materials that offer outstanding aesthetics and high strength. Lithium disilicate glass-ceramic represents a unique material choice we provide to the Mississauga community.
IPS Emax (made by Ivoclar Vivadent) is the brand used at St Lawrence Dentistry. It is composed primarily of quartz, lithium dioxide, phosphor oxide, alumina, and potassium oxide. Overall, this composition yields an excellent ceramic due to the low thermal expansion that results when processed.
Dr. Hawryluk uses lithium disilicate material for dental inlays, onlays, veneers, crowns, and bridges. It can be made as thin as 0.3mm while still ensuring a whopping strength of 400 megapascals. As a result, the crowns demonstrate a
Emax has dramatic improvements over traditional lithium disilicate materials, it combines beauty with high performance in the most impressive way.
Aesthetics blend in with the use of Emax. Often at St. Lawrence Dentistry, we say new dental crowns delivered are
In the past, it was difficult to restore a tooth, which is both short and dark. Emax can block out this dark color with its opaque version and get a good bond strength to a shorter tooth. Fondly, at our Mississauga Dental office, we call this benefit a twofer in that we can deal with these two critical issues with one great material.
We have witnessed the many benefits of lithium disilicate, and Dr. Hawryluk Jr. feels it is one of the best restorative materials available today. We can meet the most demanding patients’ expectations by using advanced predictable materials and techniques. The natural chameleon effect blows patients away. Dr. Hawryluk Jr. is a Mississauga Dentist in the Port Credit District. We invite you to visit us!
Glossary of Terms:
- Value – the brightness of a color.
- Quartz – a mineral consisting of silicon dioxide occurring in colorless and transparent or colored hexagonal crystals or crystalline masses.
- Mineral – a solid inorganic substance of natural occurrence.
Reference: Viva Podcast; Cone (2020) Lithium Disilicate
- Dr. Allan Hawryluk Sr. – Tree Commemoration - September 6, 2022
- Effectiveness, Charging, and Environmental Concerns of Electric Toothbrushes - August 28, 2022
- Comparing Modern Electric Toothbrushes - August 22, 2022