Since 2005 St. Lawrence Dentistry has provided General Anesthesia (Dentistry Asleep) with a team of Board Certified Medical Anesthetists known as Surgiservices.
It helps patients through more uncomfortable procedures and can help overcome their fear of dentists. Some patients experience anxiety and dental fear, which prevents them from getting the proper dental care and treatment. Therefore, our medical anesthesiologists will administer anesthesia so they can have their dental procedure done asleep. It turns the dental procedure into a more comfortable experience, even for fearful patients, as an effect of sedation.
Please visit us here to learn more about dentistry asleep at St. Lawrence Dentistry:
Dentistry Asleep (Sedation Dentistry)
Advantages of Sedation Dentistry
Sedation dentistry has numerous benefits as the patient is more cooperative and forgets about dental fear. Some of the advantages include the following:
- Pain-free Dental Experience – Sedation dentistry helps the patient have dental care or treatment without feeling pain or anxiety .
- No Lost Time – Dr. Hawryluk can complete dental procedures that are otherwise time-consuming in less time for sedated patients. Patients no longer have to return for numerous appointments to complete the procedure.
- Relaxed State – Some patients have no control over their movement while awake. Examples include some patients with Parkinson’s disease or ADHD who can’t stay still for an extended period. Sedation dentistry will put them at ease, allowing Dr. Hawryluk to do the dental procedure without resistance or uncontrolled movements from the patient.
Disadvantages of Sedation Dentistry
- Increased costs – Dentistry asleep involves having a board-certified medical anesthesiologist, a registered nurse, and the dental team treating you. In addition, there are specialized equipment and import regulations. Therefore, it increases the cost of dental treatment. Your insurance carrier may cover some of these costs.
- Fewer Appointment dates available – Dr. Hawryluk only provides sleep dentistry services on some of our business dates. These dates are when the anesthesiologist is at our clinic.
- No Driving – You cannot drive yourself home from your sedation dentistry visit.
- Patient Treatment Exclusions – Some patients will not be candidates for outpatient general anesthesia at our clinic.
We hope you have found this article informative! If you are looking for a Mississauga-based dentist, please call us.
- Benefits of Dental Veneers - May 30, 2023
- Overdentures offer Impressive Benefits - May 15, 2023
- Top 10 Dental Myths - May 7, 2023